This week my husband is in town and I am beside myself excited! Not only do I have him at home with me and the kids, but I get to cook REAL meals all week long. And boy am I going to knock his socks off with a ton of new recipes! Tonight I made probably the best chicken dish I ever made (recipe to come later this week!) and with it I pair my most favorite vegetable on the planet…ASPARAGUS! I know there are many different ways to make asparagus, but my personal favorite is the recipe below…
- 1 bunch of Asparagus
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Dash of Garlic Powder
- Dash of Onion Powder
- Dash of Rosemary
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash the asparagus under cold water and blot dry.
- Break or cut the ends off.
- Place the olive oil and the asparagus in a Zip Lock bag and shake around until nicely coated.
- Lay the asparagus on a baking sheet and sprinkle the garlic power, onion powder and rosemary over top.
- Bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes.
There you have it! The best asparagus you will ever eat! If it was a little warmer out, I would have my husband grill it…that’s good too! Just remember, for whatever reason, asparagus makes your urine smell funny after you eat it. So don’t freak and call your doctor!
**This post may contain affiliate links**
Don’t have time to roast the asparagus, but still want the same yummy vegetable? Pick up one of these fabulous steamer bowls for the microwave. Takes a few minutes to steam and you have yourself a nice side dish for dinner! I love using mine when I am cooking just for myself! No sense dirtying up a huge baking sheet if it’s just me!