My family loves ham. I buy a spiral ham and make it a couple times a year. However, Bella asks me every single Sunday when I go grocery shopping, to buy it! This past Sunday, I bought one. My mother in-law gave me the recipe and I tweaked it a bit. If you are looking for something to make this Easter, this ham recipe is definitely the one to make. It turns out PERFECT every single time!
Best Ham Ever Recipe
- Ham (I like to get a spiral cut ham)
- 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar (may need a bit more if your ham is larger)
- 1 can Pineapple Slices in Pineapple Juice
- 8 oz can of Ginger Ale
- Open your can of pineapple slices and cover the bottom of your slow cooker. This step is important. You will be placing your ham, cut side down, on top of the pineapple slices.
- Rub brown sugar all over the ham and place it cut side down on top of the pineapple slices.
- Pour the ginger ale in the slow cooker.
- Add a couple teaspoons of the pineapple juice to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours.
You can make this in the oven. Simply preheat the oven to 325°. Using foil, make a tent and cover the ham. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes per pound. I prefer it in the slow cooker. I feel like it is much juicier and I’ve never messed it up when I’ve done it in the slow cooker!
Bella was practically drooling when she got home from school and saw a ham in the slow cooker! This particular ham that I bought was not a spiral cut. While it still turned out good, the spiral cut hams tend to be less fatty and even better tasting! I promise, this recipe will not disappoint! Volunteer to host the next holiday and you will wow everyone!