It’s the last weekend of summer before school starts. We decided to spend the day at Holland State Park with family. Since I knew there was going to be a lot of food there, and I had to take items to share as well, I wanted to make sure everything I brought was gluten free. I didn’t want to end up at the beach all day with nothing I could really eat. I had some strawberries and bananas that were about to go bad so I decided to play around with my banana bread recipe a bit and make a gluten free strawberry banana bread!
**This post may contain affiliate links**
Gluten Free Strawberry Banana Bread
- 2 cups Krusteaz Gluten Free Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum (I get it Here)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 butter, softened
- 2 Eggs
- 1 TBS Milk
- 2 Ripe Bananas, mashed
- 2 Cups Strawberries, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan and set it aside.
- Place the Krusteaz Gluten Free Flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and xanthan gum in a bowl. Mix and set aside for now.
- Cream the butter and sugar. Add in the eggs, milk and mashed bananas. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the strawberries.
- Pour your batter into the greased loaf pan. Drop the pan on the counter a few times to level it and then place it in the oven and bake for 1 hour 5 minutes.
- Check your bread after about 30-40 minutes. If it is getting too brown on top, take a piece of tin foil and drape it over top and continue baking.
This bread was absolutely delicious! I wish I got pictures of it when we cut it at the beach, but it was devoured by everyone. I did, however, get some really cute pictures of my kids that I can share!
This child was completely COVERED in sand all day long. I don’t know how it did’t bother her! They could have spent all day in the water…getting them out was difficult!
This strawberry banana bread is so good! It was the perfect addition to our “breakfast at the beach” buffet we had going on! Don’t like strawberries? No problem! Add in any fruit you like!