For a little over a week now, I have been following the Keto Diet. If you aren’t familiar with the diet, Google it. I’m telling you, this is the first diet I have ever done that doesn’t feel like a diet at all. I’m never hungry; I have plenty of foods to eat; and most importantly, I’m losing weight and inches. Lots of weight! My first week I lost 7 lbs. I know I also lost inches too. A pair of jeans that couldn’t button two weeks ago, can now! I’ve also lost ALL cravings for food. Here’s a great book I found on Amazon about the Keto diet: Keto Diet for Beginners. Seriously…get the book and give this diet a try! One of the amazing foods I’m eating this week is Chorizo Chicken Soup.
Chorizo Chicken Soup
- 4 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 lb Hot Chorizo
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 can Stewed Tomatoes with garlic
- 2 TBSP Minced Garlic
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 TBSP Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
For the rest of the recipe and directions, please visit Caveman Keto.
When I ran across this recipe, I knew I had to make it! It sounded (and looked) absolutely delicious to me. My recipe varies slightly from the original in that I chose to use hot chorizo instead of regular. We like spicy foods in our house! I also added 2 TBSP of shredded Parmesan Cheese when I ate it. If you are following the Keto Diet and you decide to make this soup, be sure to put all of your ingredients into a recipe on My Fitness Pal to get the correct calories/fat/protein/carbs for your ingredients. I scanned each of mine and came up with slightly different numbers than what is shown on the original site. Not a huge discrepancy, but definitely different!
Variations you can make with this recipe:
- Use a precooked rotisserie chicken to cut down on time.
- Regular Chorizo vs Hot Chorizo.
- Fresh minced garlic vs. dried minced garlic (I used dried. My jar of fresh smelled funky).
- There are a variety of different kinds of stewed tomatoes. I bought the can with garlic in it…we like garlic here!
If you are doing or decided to do the Keto Diet, let me know! I’d love to chat with you about it!