“This Shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone” #BetterWithCraisins #CollectiveBias
We are officially in the full swing of things with school. It usually takes a couple weeks to get used to making lunches again and setting an alarm (I set five. I’m so paranoid about over sleeping). While I may not like getting up early Monday through Friday, I do like that I have my daily and weekly routines to fall back on. It’s like my own personal safety net. When we step outside of the routines, I can’t stand it! One of my weekly routines is to make a batch of muffins for the kids. Sometimes I make regular size muffins that they like to eat for breakfast and other times I make a bunch of mini muffins that I put in their lunches for school. This week I made gluten free banana cranberry muffins using the oh so delicious, Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries!
Look at all those delicious Craisins® Dried Cranberries right on top! The nice thing about using Craisins® Dried Cranberries is that they don’t sink to the bottom at all! Now you may have noticed that the Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries have seemed to have disappeared from your local Sam’s Club, but no worries! They can still be found at other retailers. I picked mine up at Walmart! With their awesome rollback prices, I was able to get a 24 oz. bag for $4.98!
Did you know that 1/4 cup of Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries provided 1/2 cup of fruit?!? So adding this to my already delicious gluten free banana muffins was perfect. They are getting the fruit I want them to have, all while tasting that yummy “zing” that Craisins® Dried Cranberries add to any baked good, salad, or dish you add it to!
Gluten Free Banana Cranberry Muffins
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 1/3 cup Butter, melted
- 1 Egg
- Dash of Vanilla
- 3/4 White Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Cups Gluten Free Flour (I use Namaste Gluten Free flour)
- 3/4 cup Craisins® Dried Cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350° and place muffin liners in your muffin pan.
- Using a potato masher, mash your 3 bananas. As you can see in the picture below, I don’t worry about how well it’s mashed. There will be banana chunks.
- Once you have the bananas mashed, add the egg, melted butter and dash of vanilla and mix together.
- Add in the sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt, and mix well. I like to use the mixer between each addition to insure it is mixed well. Your mixture will be runny. It’s OK!
- Fold in your gluten free flour and mix thoroughly until you can’t see the flour. Your mixture will thicken up nicely. Don’t worry, it’s not too thick! NOTE: if you would prefer to make these using regular flour, just sub in the same amount of your regular flour.
- Next fold in your 3/4 cup of the Craisins® Dried Cranberries. Be sure to really mix those in to insure that there are Craisins® Dried Cranberries throughout!
- Fill your muffin liners 3/4 of the way full and bake for 24-26 minutes. Since I like to overfill mine, I tend to need closer to 26 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool for about 10 minutes in the muffin tin before transferring to a wire rack to completely cool.
Don’t they look good?!? Not only did my house smell so good while they were baking, but my kids came home and devoured one after school, declaring them the best gluten free banana cranberry muffins ever! I cut into one, before they ate it, to show you how good they look!
Personally, I think that Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries make everything from salads to baked goods (especially these gluten free banana cranberry muffins!) to dinner recipes taste better! What would you or do you add Craisins® Dried Cranberries to? Go ahead and click here to find more delicious ideas, recipes and a store near you! Pick up a bag today!