I remember when I was at my baby shower, everyone brought me little index cards with “Mommy Tips” on them. The standard, “Sleep when the baby is sleeping” tip was on there, along with “Enjoy your kids, they grow up too fast” and “Baby-proof your entire house”. All of the tips were great, but that last one is so true. I know some people, my mom being one of them (I was a perfect child, what can I say?), say they never had to baby-proof, but I totally had to. My son was a climber, liked to unplug things and try to shove his finger in the socket instead…it was crazy! My daughter was a “take everything out of the cabinets” kind of kid. So baby-proofing quickly became a must in our house.
**I was provided with products for the purpose of this post. All stories and opinions are 100% my own**
One room in the house that I think gets over looked when it comes baby-proofing is the laundry room. From a parent perspective, I get why it would be overlooked. It’s a room that we mothers go into, but not so much the kids, but unfortunately, those little buggers are sneaky and they always manage to get everywhere!
Rosie Pope, parenting and lifestyle expert, has teamed up with Tide and Gain to share some helpful tips on how to keep your home safe, especially when it comes to those handy Tide and Gain pacs!
Think About Storage and Cleanliness
- Keep all cleaning supplies – including laundry pacs – Up, Up and Away – seal pacs up, stores pacs up, andkeep pacs away. Supplies should be behind a locked door and high up out of children’s reach.
- Keep cleaning products in their original container with the label intact.
- Clean up any spills, and immediately wash your hands and any items you use to pour or measure products.
Think Like a Child
- See things from a child’s perspective. Try getting down on your hands and knees and look around for small items.
- Educate your children on hazardous products and situations in the home. The world is a dangerous place and you’re not always going to be there. Educating your kids will allow them to make smart choices on their own.
- Always have the numbers of poison control and your pediatrician handy. Remember to educate other guests in your home and about house rules. Nannies, mother-in-laws, friends – be sure to let them know important safety precautions like where to store cleaning items.
- Set reminders for yourself to do safety checks in your home every 3-4 months.
- Develop and practice a home fire escape plan, with two ways out of the house in case of a fire.
To find these great tips and more information on home safety, visit PGEveryday.com.
As a sidenote, if you haven’t purchased the Gain pacs…DO IT!! I just washed a load of towels and they smell amazing!
**The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price of for free** It's that time of year again!! I love it! I love going to graduation parties, looking at all the picture collages they put up, seeing family and friends, eating the yummy graduation food, which my kids are … [Read More...]
This past Sunday my son turned 10 years old. I am still in shock that I have a 10 year old. I mean, in 3 short years, I will have a teenager. Next I'll have a kid driving and finally, a kid graduating high school. I am not one to freak out over age or my kids getting older, but the fact that my child has reached the double digits, is just … [Read More...]
One of the things I really enjoy is spicy food. The spicier the food, the better! I did learn very quickly how to "cool off" my mouth after eating spicy food and believe me...it's not with water!! That makes it worse! Someone told me to eat a piece of bread and another person told me to drink a glass of milk. But...nothing works better than a … [Read More...]
It's the start of summer and everyone I know is starting to plan their vacations. Every place has one theme in common...the beach! Whether you are looking for a family getaway, a weekend away with the girls or a weekend away with your significant other, there is one place you all need to start looking at...Northern Michigan! Northern … [Read More...]
This post brought to you by New York Life. All opinions are 100% mine. I truly believe that it is the choices we make in life that define us. I mean, we've all had to make choices that were hard, but if every choice were easy...what kind of life would that be? There would be no learning and growing. Not too long ago, my husband … [Read More...]