My kids love breakfast pastry’s. What kid doesn’t?!? And quite frankly, on those busy mornings when we can’t seem to get things together quick enough, those breakfast pastry’s come in handy! Especially for my son who is in middle school this year and he has to be on the bus stop at like 7:30 in the morning. Say what?!? That’s a whole hour earlier than what he had to be getting bus for elementary school. So crazy! Check out these super delicious and fun Mummy Breakfast Pastry’s!
**This post may contain Amazon Affiliate Links**
Mummy Breakfast Pastry Recipe
- Refrigerator pie crust
- 1 can Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 TBS Sugar
- Candy eyes
- Rectangle cookie cutter or an index card
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the crust.
- Using either the cookie cutter or index card with a Wilton Food Writer trace the lines.
- Cut the dough to match the lines.
- Mix the sugar, pumpkin pie spice and the pumpkin pie filling. Stir well.
- With a spoon, add a dollop of the pumpkin pie filling, spread it out thin.
- Unroll the second pie crust and begin cutting it into thing long pieces (refer to the picture above for reference).
- Begin layering the cut crust over the filled bottom crust.
- Criss/Cross the thin pieces to make it look like a wrapped mummy.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the crust has a golden color to it.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool briefly.
- Add the eyes and allow it to cool completely.
Pretty cute, huh?!? The nice thing about this recipe is that if you aren’t really into the pumpkin pie flavor, you can change it up with a different pie filling! Apple pie filling, instead of pumpkin pie filling would be good. I would use cinnamon instead of pumpkin pie spice! There are so many possibilities!