Nothing screams summer like a delicious Pina Colada drink. Whether you like the adult version or the kid friendly version 7-Eleven offers, you know it’s summer when you are enjoying one of those, while smelling sunscreen and cocoa butter lotion! This weekend, if you are looking for a recipe for your BBQ that is sure to knock the socks off everyone there, then you need to make these Pina Colada Flavored Whoopie Pies recipe! I’m telling you, everyone will be asking you for the recipe!!
Pina Colada Flavored Whoopie Pies
- Duncan Hines Pineapple Cake Mix
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 bag of Ghirardelli White Chocolate Melting Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix until all is combined.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on to a cookie sheet.
- Scoop batter with an ice cream scoop onto a cookie sheet, 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let them cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes.
- Using a metal spatula, transfer the pies on to a plate to cool more while you prep the frosting.
- While frosting is being made, in a double broiler, melt some of the white chocolate melting chips and set aside.
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter
- 1 TBSP Coconut Extract (I like this one)
- 2 cup Powder Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3-5 TBSP Heavy Whipping Cream
- Combine all ingredients, except heavy whipping cream, in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- If the frosting looks like powdery pebbles, slowly add in the heavy whipping cream.
- Once stiff peaks are formed, scoop frosting into a piping bag with a round tip.
- Pipe icing onto one side of the whoopie pie and place the other side on top.
- Using the melted white chocolate, drizzle onto the whoopie pies.
Is your mouth watering yet? These Pina Colada Flavored Whoopie Pies can, and will be, enjoyed by everyone! Be the star of your next get together and take a plate of these Pina Colada Flavored Whoopie Pies with you!
Do you ever have those moments where you know you should probably have a plan for dinner, but it's getting to be about that time that if you don't figure something out soon, then you'll be picking up take-out? Yea...I have many days like that. More times than not, I hop on Pinterest to try and figure something, but guess what happens...I get … [Read More...]
I love to read. In fact, I've loved to read pretty much from the moment I learned how to do it. Some of my fondest memories from my childhood was the books I was reading and the trips to the library. I used to check out as many books as I could carry and I would read them all in that three week time span. So, as you can imagine, one of my best … [Read More...]
When I go to a BBQ or party, I like to take something to share. Usually I am asked to bring my Oriental Coleslaw or my delicious meatballs. Both of those recipes are a family favorite and one that I fall back on more times than not. However, sometimes you just need to take a good dessert with you. This recipe for a pineapple upside down cake is not … [Read More...]
It's very irritating to me to have people look at me and start making comments when I say that I am following a gluten free lifestyle. "You're following mainstream trends" "Way to jump on the bandwagon" "So...you're not allergic to wheat?" Recently I went to the allergist because I suspected that I had some food allergies. I ended up being … [Read More...]
When I got married, my wedding was very traditional. You see, I got married over 13 years ago and Pinterest didn't exist then. If I were to get married now, I would have one heck of a unique wedding and I would owe it all to Pinterest! One thing I would do that you didn't see too much of (if at all) 13 years ago, was have a cupcake cake instead of … [Read More...]