When I go to a BBQ or party, I like to take something to share. Usually I am asked to bring my Oriental Coleslaw or my delicious meatballs. Both of those recipes are a family favorite and one that I fall back on more times than not. However, sometimes you just need to take a good dessert with you. This recipe for a pineapple upside down cake is not only easy, but a nice break from the standard brownies most people bring to a party or BBQ!
Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 1 Yellow cake mix
- Ingredients for yellow cake mix
- 1/4 C Unsalted butter, room temp.
- 1 C Light brown sugar, packed
- 1 can Pineapple slices in juice, reserve juice
- 10 Bing cherries, pitted
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Using a 10 inch springform round pan, melt butter in oven.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the melted butter. Place sliced pineapple on top of the brown sugar and add the cherries.
- Add water to the pineapple juice to equal 1 cup.
- Place the cake mix in a mixing bowl and follow the directions on the box EXCEPT replace the amount of water the mix requires with the combination of water and juice. Mix well.
- Pour batter over the brown sugar mixture in the cake pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-48 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and run a knife around the sides of the pan. Loosen the catch on the cake pan and gently lift it away from the cake. Place a plate on top of the cake and flip it over the the top of the cake is the pineapple, cherries and brown sugar.
- Allow the cake to cool for about 2 minutes, then remove the cake pan base so the brown sugar sauce can run down the sides of the cake.
Doesn’t it look delicious?!?
If you lived in my house, the number one thing you would hear me say over and over again that I never have enough time. Enough time to make dinner. Enough time to clean my house the way I should. Enough time to keep up with the laundry. Enough time to do pretty much anything and everything I want to do. And why don't I have enough … [Read More...]
I absolutely adore my cat Roxie. She barks like a dog sometimes, follows me all over the house and she insists on stepping into the shower from time to time...while it's on! She does funny things all the time, but she is also one of those cats with an attitude. If she doesn't want you to pet her at a particular time, she will smack your hand away … [Read More...]
This post brought to you by TruMoo. All opinions are 100% mine. My kids have been asking me to make the cake with a hole in it (a bundt cake) for quite some time. I don't know why they like that particular cake pan so much, but they do. So that was on my agenda for today...only I was out of flour, sugar and butter. Trip to Target for me! … [Read More...]
One year, my daughter wanted to be a Ninja Turtle for Halloween. She begged her brother to be a Ninja Turtle with her...and he did! Every time I look at this picture, I am reminded about how much they truly do care about each other...even when they are at each other's throats! That same year they decorated a pillow case to go trick or … [Read More...]
*All stories and opinions are 100% my own. I was compensated for my time in writing this piece* I am a firm believer that the best way for children to learn, especially preschool aged children or even younger, is with a hands on approach. They need to be able to touch and do, not just listen and do. Tiggly, a learning company, has figured this out … [Read More...]