Last week I posted some excellent cooking tips, money saving ideas, etc. all courtesy of Robin Miller of Food Network. As promised, here is another recipe using the Tysons Fully Cooked Chicken Breast Strips and let me tell you…IT IS EXCELLENT! It is rare that every member of my family will eat what is put on the table at the same time. I usually have one child that won’t eat it. Well not this time!
Chicken Parmesan Casserole
Recipe Courtesy of Robin Miller and Tyson Foods
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Time Savings: 30 minutes compared to traditional recipe
- 1 pound whole wheat pasta
- 2 packets (6 ounces each) Tyson® Fully Cooked Grilled Chicken Breast Strips
- ¾ cup prepared no-salt added tomato sauce (pasta sauce or pizza sauce)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, regular or part-skim
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Panko bread crumbs
- Pinch salt and ground black pepper
- Cook whole wheat pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange chicken breast strips in the bottom of a shallow baking dish. Pour tomato sauce over the chicken and sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the tomato sauce.
- In a small bowl, combine the parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Mix well and sprinkle the mixture over the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the top of the casserole is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly, and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Divide whole wheat pasta among four individual bowls, spoon casserole mixture over the top and serve.