One thing that drives me absolutely crazy, especially during the harsh winter months, is when I have to deal with dry, flaky and chapped lips. I’ve tried every single lip balm on the market and nothing really helps with that issue. It’s like my lips soak it in and an hour later (or less sometimes) my lips are back to the way they were. Not too long ago, I made a hand scrub using my essential oils and it got me thinking, why don’t I make a lip scrub?!?
DIY Lip Scrub with Young Living Essential Oils
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 oz. Cocoa Butter, melted
- 3 tsp. Olive Oil
- 4 drops Young Living Lavender Oil
- 4 drops Young Living Peppermint oil
- Place 1 oz. of cocoa butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 25 second intervals, stirring after every interval. I purchased a 1 oz. container of cocoa butter at Hobby Lobby. You can also find it online.
- Place all of your ingredients in a bowl and stir. If you need to, add a little bit more olive oil, but don’t add too much…you want this to be scrubby!
- Add your lip scrub to a cute little air-tight jar.
I can’t rave about this scrub enough! If you want an extra scrubbier scrub, use brown sugar. When making a lip scrub, I really thought long and hard about which of my Young Living essential oils I wanted to use and then it hit me, I had to use lavender. Lavender is very soothing to your skin. I chose peppermint because I love the smell of it! I used it this afternoon and my lips are so soft and they look great! Definitely try this!
Young Living essential oils are the best essential oils on the market. They offer a wonderful Seed to Seal process that just can’t be beat. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!! Right now, I am offering some major incentives for those people who sign up for a wholesale membership. See the image below for more details!