One thing I look forward to each year is writing this post! I like to look back and reflect and share the good things that happened throughout the year. I guess you could call this my “Christmas Letter”. Each year (and this year is no different), I hope that others will either leave a comment with a few (or all…it’s up to you) of your own answers! I love reading them. Without further ado…let’s take a look back at how 2016 was!
1. What did you do in 2015 that you had never done before?
This one’s easy! I completely cut sugar out of my diet. I went from eating an insane amount of sugar a day to none. I probably ate a weeks worth of sugar each day. The good news is, I don’t miss it at all!! Not one bit!
2. Did you keep your New Years resolutions and will you make more for the new year?
YES! Two goals I had for myself for 2016 was to get healthy and do something I enjoy each day (read more). Not only did I lose over 80 lbs this year, but I also read over 77 books!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No and I’m super sad about that. I don’t know that I held a baby at all this entire year.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, but a whole bunch of celebrities did. It’s crazy how many passed this year.
5. What would you like more of in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
Exactly what I want more of every single year…more time with my husband. It makes me very sad that he has to travel so much for work. If I had a magic lamp with three wishes, I’d only make one wish and having Dan home more would be it.
6. What countries did you visit?
Just the USA! Never left.
7. What date will forever be etched in your memory and why?
January 23, 2016…this is the day both my husband and I decided to get our health under control and start the Keto diet.
8. What was your biggest achievement this year?
Losing 80+ lbs. I never, in a million years, thought I had the will power to do the Keto diet and give up sugar, but I am so glad I did.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Probably yelling to much. I get stressed and then I yell.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope! I was pretty darn healthy all year long!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My iPhone 7 Plus. The camera is amazing!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mine. I have a 10 year old daughter (going on 15) and a 12 year old son in middle school. They are alive and I am not an alcoholic. Need I say more?!?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I have a middle school aged child. I think everyone would agree that, at that age, from time to time, things get pretty hairy in the behavior department!
14. Where did most of your money go?
To the kids sports. Both kids play travel sports and between hotels, sports, fees and travel expenses, it’s pretty darn expensive.
15. What did you get really, really excited for?
One of Dan’s cousins got married this year in Pennsylvania in a barn. If I could do my wedding over again, it would be identical to theirs!
16. What song will always remind you of 2016?
That Justin Timberlake song…Can’t Stop that Feeling.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- Happier or Sadder? Happier
- Thinner or fatter? Thinner
- Richer or Poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you had done more of?
I think I say this every single year, but family dinners. I love sitting at our kitchen table as a family and having dinner together. I wish we could do that more often.
19. What do you wish you had done less of?
I really wish I didn’t yell as much as I did.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas is a week long adventure in our family. On the 18th, we had Christmas dinner with my mom, brother and his family. On Christmas Eve, the kids, my husband and I stayed home, ate and played games while watching Ernest Saves Christmas. Christmas morning my mom came over, we opened presents from Santa and ate breakfast. After that, we went to my inlaws house for Christmas. The day after Christmas we celebrated some more with my inlaws! It was fun!
21. I copied this from MoscatoMom.com a few years ago..she had no 21 then…apparently there is still no question 21!
22. Did you fall in love in 2016?
Well considering I am still in love with the one I married, that would be a yes!
23. How many one-night stands?
um…none…what a weird question.
24. What was your favorite television show?
This is Us. If you haven’t watched it…start. You will love it.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate at this time last year?
Hate? No. Dislike strongly…yes.
26. What was the best book you read?
I am currently reading The Magnolia Story by Chip and Joanna Gaines. I absolutely love that couple and the book is great!
27. What did you want and get?
I never really want much…however, my husband surprised me with an awesome 27 inch monitor for my desk and I have to say, it’s pretty sweet!
28. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don’t know that I really have an answer for this!
29. Hmmm…another question STILL missing. Maybe next year I will make up one!
30. What was your favorite film this year?
I really liked the new Independence Day movie! I thought it was good. Would have been better if Will Smith was in it…but Liam Hemsworth was nice to look at!
31. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I turned 35. I really don’t remember doing much of anything on my birthday.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurable more satisfying?
This is easy. My year would have been better if my husband was home more. I’ve almost forgotten what it was like to have a second adult in the house on a daily basis.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
Yoga pants and a hoodie. Most comfortable clothes ever!
34. What kept you sane?
My Kindle and having Kindle Unlimited (if you don’t have that…get it!). I found my love for reading again in 2016.
35. Which celebrity or public figure did you fancy the most?
I really don’t have one.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Pretty much everything having to do with the election irritated me this year.
37. Who did you miss?
My dad. It’s still very weird that he’s not hear anymore.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I don’t know if I really met anyone new. How sad is that?
39. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2016.
Live for you. Don’t try to please other people and it’s OK to take a step back to get back to what is best for you.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door
I don’t care
What they’re going to say
Let the storm rage on.
The cold never bother me anyway.