When my husband and I got married I could not cook to save my life. It was pitiful. I decided to make baked chicken and ended up burning the outside of chicken, but the inside was still raw. That takes talent right there! And bless his heart, my husband always ate the food I made (not the raw chicken…we threw that out). When I had a genius idea to make spaghetti pie…he ate it. It was gross! However, over the years I’ve gotten quite good at cooking. Now I look forward to family dinners; I look forward to throwing parties at my house; and most of all, I get really excited to try a new recipe. Here’s an oven baked chicken recipe I tried tonight (adapted from the recipe found HERE).
*Post may contain affiliate links*
Baked Chicken with Garlic and Brown Sugar
- 4 Boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Tbs brown sugar
- 3 tsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray baking dish with oil (I used my Misto filled with olive oil…if you don’t have one of these, get one! I have two, one filled with olive oil and one filled with vegetable oil).
- Put the olive oil in a small pan and saute the garlic until it is tender.
- Remove the olive oil and garlic from heat and add the brown sugar.
- Place chicken breasts into the baking dish and spread the brown sugar and garlic mixture over top of the chicken.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked completely through.
Did The Like It?!?
My family LOVED this recipe for baked chicken. Even picky eaters (like my son) will love this recipe! Don’t have time to mince your own garlic? No worries! Pick up some jarred minced garlic and use that. One garlic clove is equal to about 1/2 teaspoon jarred, minced garlic. However, we like garlic in my family so I put a little extra in! I really recommend you use a meat thermometer when cooking chicken. For instance, in my oven, it took 42 minutes for my chicken to be cooked to the proper temperature. I wouldn’t have known that had I now had my meat thermometer! Trust me though, it was well worth the wait! Doesn’t it look delicious?!?
Give this simple baked chicken recipe a try…I bet your family will thank you for it! I served this dish with brown rice and green beans.
**Please note, I recently started making this recipe at a lower temperature and cooking it longer. Recipe above reflects the new temperature.**
So tell me, what is your favorite chicken recipe?
Don’t forget to pick up these nifty kitchen tools. They really do help and make things easier. Happy cooking!