Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and nothing says I love you more than a handmade gift. Below are some great DIY gifts that won’t break the bank:
DIY Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas
- 2 pureed strawberries
- 1 TBS of olive oil
- 1 TBS of vegetable oil
- 2 TBS granulated white sugar
- 4 drops of peppermint essential oil
Exfoliating Lip Gloss
- 2 TBS Crisco Solid Vegetable Shortening
- 1 TBS Strawberry or Cherry powdered drink mix
- 1 lip balm container or clean contact case
Heat the Crisco in the microwave for 30 seconds or until it is a liquid. While it is still hot, mix in the powdered drink mix and pour into the lip balm container. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
Luxurious Muscle Soak
- 1 cup Epsom Salts
- 1/4 cup Sea Salts
- 5 drops pink food coloring
- 10 drops of your favorite aromatic essence
Mix the salts and add the food coloring. Using a fork, mix lightly so it is evenly colored. Add in the aromatic essence and store in a pretty jar!
Like these DIY gift ideas? Check out this video for more ideas.
Which one are you going to try first?!? I’m making the lip balm!
For more tips and recipes like these, check out the book Bonding over Beauty in bookstores near you!