One of my most favorite foods in the world is cooked carrots. Actually I just love carrots…cooked…not cooked, doesn’t matter. Another thing I like is the Jack Daniels sauce at TGI Fridays. The other night I made a roast in my Crock-Pot and I decided to make garlic mashed potatoes and cooked carrots. Normally I use butter and brown sugar to cook my carrots in, but I started thinking about how good the TGI Fridays sauce would taste on the carrots. So I looked in my cupboard and found a bottle of Jack Daniels Whiskey.
After taking a shot of the whiskey, I put the following recipe together:
Whiskey Glazed Carrots
- 1lb of carrots (I used baby carrots)
- 6 Tbs butter, divided
- 1/2 cup whiskey (I used Jack Daniels)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 – 1 tsp black pepper
- Place 2 TBS of butter in a saute pan on medium to medium high heat.
- Pour whiskey into frying pan (be careful) and let it cook for about 30-40 seconds.
- Add the remaining butter and let it melt.
- Once butter is melted, add the brown sugar and mix all ingredients together.
- Pour the carrots in, lower the heat down and cover. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the salt and pepper and cook covered up for another 5-7 minutes.
These carrots were to die for! My husband absolutely loved them…the kids wouldn’t try them, but that’s pretty normal! I will definitely be making these again! I will say, the glaze was not as thick as what I have had at TGI Fridays, but I think it would have thickened up more if it cooked longer…I just didn’t want mushy carrots!
Please try this out and let me know what you think! One thing I will say, you can probably cut the butter to 5 TBS, but really what’s an extra TBS of butter in the grand scheme of things?!?