This past Saturday, we took Bella to Old Navy because they were having a sale on their flip flops…$1 a pair! Bella is like me, she loves flip flops. Of course, she couldn’t pick just one pair (could you?). Check out what she got:
As we were standing in line, I asked Bella if she would like to decorate her flip flops to make them less boring. Of course she said yes! There are a number of things we could do with the flip flops, but being summer and the potential for them to get dirty or wet from the sprinkler is pretty high. So I decided to use water balloons. Below are the DIY step by step directions on how to decorate your flip flops with water balloons!
How to Decorate Your Flip Flops
- Pick up a pair of inexpensive flip flops. You can check your local dollar stores, Old Navy or use a pair you already have!
- Decide the color(s) of water balloons you would like to use and in what patter you would like to use them.
- Take one water balloon and place it on either side of the center that goes between your toes and tie a knot.
- Continue tying knots with water balloons until you have completed your pattern.
- Flip Flops, $1
- 1/2 package of Blue Water Balloons, $0.50
- 1/2 package of Purple Water Balloons, $0.50
Grand total of $2.00 spent on this pair of flip flops!
You can put as many water balloons on as you would like. Aren’t they cute?!? Originally we thought about using fabric, but with it being summer and Bella liking to run around all over the place…they would be disgustingly filthy in no time! So balloons were definitely the way to go! Tomorrow we will be adding balloons to the flip flops with the white strap. Bella is thinking all pink for that one.
If you decide to give this a try (and please do…it literally took me 30 minutes…that’s it!), let me know what you decide to do! Shoot…send me a picture!