Have you ever had dinnertime approach and think “oh shoot, I didn’t plan anything”? Yea that was me yesterday. I had a package of chicken tenderloins thawed, but really no plan for them. All I knew was that I needed something that wouldn’t take very long to make and something the kids would eat. And then I came up with the delicious recipe, sour cream & onion crusted chicken.
Sour Cream & Onion Crusted Chicken
- Chicken Tenderloins or Chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- Sour cream and onion potato chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare three shallow bowl; one with flour; one with a beaten egg; and the last one with crushed sour cream and onion potato chips.
- Rinse each chicken tenderloin with water and then lightly dip each tenderloin in flour, making sure to have a light, but even coat. Next, dip the tenderloin in egg, again making sure to evenly coat the tenderloin. And finally, roll the chicken tenderloins in the crushed sour cream and onion potato chips.
- Place each tenderloin on a baking sheet (I used a baking rack on top of a baking sheet to more evenly cook the chicken).
- Bake for 40-50 minutes; time depends on the thickness of the chicken. Flip the chicken over about 10 minutes before it’s finished.
Did the kids approve?
Zachary devoured them! I should have made two packages, with the way he ate it! Bella…not so much. But she was in a funk and when she found out that it had sour cream and onion chips on it, you could tell she wanted to eat it, but because she said she didn’t like it, she wasn’t going to give in. That child…she’s going to be the death of me!