One of my favorite things about this time of year, besides buying gifts for everyone, is the peppermint everything! I love peppermint. In fact, I have been known to buy candy canes for dirt cheap after Christmas just so I can hang on to the peppermint a little while longer! I even made a peppermint lip scrub…that’s how much I love peppermint! When you can throw a little chocolate in there too…it’s heaven!
Double Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips, divided
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter, softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Andie’s Peppermint Crunch Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a double broiler, add the 2 cups chocolate chips and stir until melted and smooth. Place melted chocolate into a metal bowl.
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter in a large bowl until creamy. Add the sugar and vanilla extract. Then beat until smooth.
- Add in the eggs and beat until well incorporated.
- Next add the melted chocolate and the dry ingredients. Mix until well blended. Stir in the Andie’s chocolate.
- Scoop out one tablespoon of dough and form a round ball. Place on a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies on the parchment paper to racks to cool completely.
Santa will be very happy to get these cookies on Christmas Eve!
What is your favorite holiday cookie???
Please note, if you do not have a double broiler, that’s OK! Simply place the chocolate in a microwaveable glass bowl and microwave in 15 minute intervals. Be sure to stir after each 15 second time frame.