Dan and I get together with friends once a month to play Euchre…would you believe I just learned how to play Euchre a couple months ago? Crazy! Anyway, when we get together, everyone brings a dish to pass. The last couple times I’ve taken my party meatballs recipe (this is the slow cooker I use and LOVE!) and they have always been devoured! Since they are so loved, I decided to make them for Zachary’s family birthday party this weekend.
This is an extremely easy meatballs recipe that I got from my mom that I altered a tiny bit to suit my taste.
Slow Cooker Party Meatballs
- One big bag of Meatballs (I buy them at Gordon’s Food Service…I think it’s a 5lb bag)
- Two 32 oz jars of Grape Jelly (I buy the cheapest one I can get at the store)
- Five 10 oz jars of Chili Sauce
- Place the entire bag of meatballs into your slow cooker.
- Using a spatula or spoon, scoop all of the grape jelly out of the jars right on top of the meatballs.
- Open and pour all five jars of chili sauce onto the meatballs
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally to mix the jelly and chili sauce together.
- Once everything is mixed and the meatballs are hot, turn the slow cooker to the warm setting and serve!
These are delicious and will make a great appetizer or addition to any meal! Whether you’re having a birthday party, get together with friends, holiday party or a graduation party, these meatballs are a welcomed addition to your menu! You can even experiment with different jellies. I had a friend tell me that she uses jellied cranberry sauce and chili sauce. You could probably use any combination you wanted! I was thinking a Hawaiian themed meatball would be good with pineapple and soy sauce…maybe some green or red peppers! Yum!