Dan and I get together with friends once a month to play Euchre…would you believe I just learned how to play Euchre a couple months ago? Crazy! Anyway, when we get together, everyone brings a dish to pass. The last couple times I’ve taken my party meatballs recipe (this is the slow cooker I use and LOVE!) and they have always been devoured! Since they are so loved, I decided to make them for Zachary’s family birthday party this weekend.
This is an extremely easy meatballs recipe that I got from my mom that I altered a tiny bit to suit my taste.
Slow Cooker Party Meatballs
- One big bag of Meatballs (I buy them at Gordon’s Food Service…I think it’s a 5lb bag)
- Two 32 oz jars of Grape Jelly (I buy the cheapest one I can get at the store)
- Five 10 oz jars of Chili Sauce
- Place the entire bag of meatballs into your slow cooker.
- Using a spatula or spoon, scoop all of the grape jelly out of the jars right on top of the meatballs.
- Open and pour all five jars of chili sauce onto the meatballs
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally to mix the jelly and chili sauce together.
- Once everything is mixed and the meatballs are hot, turn the slow cooker to the warm setting and serve!
When my mom makes these, she does two 32 oz jars of grape jelly and four 10 oz jars of chili sauce. I added the extra jar of chili sauce because I like how it cut the sweet flavor a bit and added a little more tang to it! These really are the best meatballs ever!
These are delicious and will make a great appetizer or addition to any meal! Whether you’re having a birthday party, get together with friends, holiday party or a graduation party, these meatballs are a welcomed addition to your menu! You can even experiment with different jellies. I had a friend tell me that she uses jellied cranberry sauce and chili sauce. You could probably use any combination you wanted! I was thinking a Hawaiian themed meatball would be good with pineapple and soy sauce…maybe some green or red peppers! Yum!