Like many of you, I did not realize that September was “National Coupon Month”! But it is, so I’ve decided to bring you 7 of the best coupon tips courtesy of Andrea Woroch, a consumer and money saving expert for Kinoli Inc.
Now I am a HUGE couponer. I generally don’t buy something unless I have a coupon. Especially now, more than ever, saving money is of the utmost importance to me and my family. Below you will find 7 of the best money saving tips!
- The New Frontier: Did you know that you can print coupons online? Some stores (like Target) let you use printed Target coupons along with manufacturer coupons to double up on your savings! Websites like couponsherpa.com allow you to search by category!
- Thank You for Your Patronage: Visit the websites of your favorite stores. A lot of stores allow you to download coupons directly to their loyalty cards. When you swipe your card, the savings are automatically deducted! Gotta love that!
- Catalina isn’t just an Island: These are my favorite coupons! They print automatically after you’ve shopped. Sometimes they are rewards for purchasing a particular item (for instance, purchase X amount of a certain brand and you receive X amount off your next purchase)…other times they are coupons for items that are similar to what you just purchased.
- Look Beyond Dinner: When you think of coupons, your mind probably automatically goes to food…but guess what, you can use coupons for so much more! Check out “7 Expensive Things You Should Buy with Coupons”.
- There’s Always an App for That: Making a list and checking it twice isn’t for everyone. The Coupon Sherpa App comes in handy at this point. You can access coupons while you are shopping and simply show it to the cashier when you check out!
- BOGOs and Doubling: Everyone loves a good BOGO sale! With BOGOs you are paying for one item (bonus if you have a coupon for that particular item!!) and getting one free (you cannot use a coupon on free items). Doubling coupons are my next favorite thing. All the stores near me double coupons up to $0.50 (so a $0.50 coupon becomes $1.00 off).
- Raincheck Please: Always ask for a raincheck when you are wanting to get an item that is on sale that the store sold out of. Sometimes you can get a better deal by waiting to use your raincheck!
For those of you that think coupons are a waste of time, I challenge you to give coupons a try. Save your receipts and see how much money you save in a month…and then come back here and let me know! I love hearing stuff like this!
Disclaimer: Parts of this article were taken (with permission) from Andrea Woroch’s money saving tips.