My kids LOVE bananas. Usually when I have bananas in the house, they don’t last long. But like everything else, there are times when they don’t get eaten and end up turning brown. And heaven forbid there be a spot on the banana peel! The other day I had 6 bananas that did not get eaten. I didn’t want to throw them away so I made the best banana muffin recipe ever…from scratch! Yep! Me, queen of the box mix, made banana muffins from scratch. Like, from flour and sugar and stuff! Not only was it super easy, but these are by far the BEST banana muffin recipe I have ever made!
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases*
The Best Banana Muffin Recipe
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- Dash of vanilla
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and place muffin liners in your muffin pan.
- Using a potato masher, mash the bananas thoroughly.
- Mix the bananas, the egg and melted butter together.
- Add the sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the wet mixture and mix well.
- Fold in the flour and mix until you can’t see the flour.
- Fill the muffin liners 3/4 of the way full and bake for 25 minutes.