It’s 2013 and like most American’s, one of my resolutions is to lose weight. But not just to lose weight, but to literally change the way my family eats. I’ve been intrigued by the Paleo diet and picked up the Practical Paleo book yesterday while I was shopping at Costco. I haven’t had a chance to read the book yet, but I really wanted to make a Paleo recipe last night for dinner. While I was browsing apps on my ipad, I ran across the Fast Paleo app. If you have an ipad, you really need to check this app out…it has a TON of recipes! The Honey, Garlic and Rosemary Chicken is one recipe I adapted from that app!
Honey, Garlic and Rosemary Chicken
- 4 Skinless Chicken Breasts (I used a package of chicken tenderloins)
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 TBS “hard” Honey (not sure what that is, so I used the kind in the squeeze bottle)
- 1 TBS Dried Rosemary
- 1 1/2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 pinch of Sea Salt
- 3 cloves of Garlic, minced (I used the garlic that is already minced in the jar)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and cover a baking sheet that has sides with foil and place a rack on top of it.
- Mix all of the ingredients (except the chicken) in a bowl.
- Place the chicken tenderloins in a gallon size Ziplock bag and pour the mixture in the bag and place in the fridge until the oven is preheated.
- Place chicken on the rack and bake in the oven for about 25-30 mins (I used a meat thermometer to make sure the chicken was cooked completely)
This chicken was absolutely DELICIOUS! My husband and I loved it…the kids, though…not so much! It was the rosemary. I don’t know if they make ground rosemary, but if they do, I’ll definitely use that next time and I know my kids would eat it then. They were just weirded out by the “sticks” on the chicken. One thing I will say, I think the recipe needs a little bit more honey. I will try 2TBS honey next time.
I hope to share more Paleo recipes with you…that means I’m actually sticking to this!