The other day I was at the grocery store and a lady was looking for something in the spice aisle, but not finding it. So I offered to help her. She was looking for orange peel. As we were looking for it, she started to tell me about these absolutely delicious Orange Banana muffins she makes and then proceeded to tell me all the ingredients and that I “just had to make them“. So I did! Thankfully we both found the orange peel! I told her I would like to credit the recipe and she said to just credit it to the nice lady in the grocery store…
Orange Banana Muffins
*Recipe courtesy of the nice lady in the grocery store
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 cup Oats, uncooked
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 1 TBSP. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 3 sm. Ripe Banana’s
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 1/3 cup Butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. Orange Peel
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare muffins tins with paper cups.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Mix all wet ingredients and pour into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fill muffin tins about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake in the oven for about 26-30 mins.
My kids devoured these muffins! They are really good. I may try a splash of vanilla next time (I put vanilla in my current banana muffin recipe). So try it out…and please, let me know what you think!