Thanksgiving is almost here and those of you (like me!) that are eating a grain-free diet, Thanksgiving could prove to be a little challenging. But don’t worry, I have a grain-free alternative to stuffing that you will LOVE!
Cauliflower “Rice” – Grain-Free Alternative to Stuffing
- 1 Head of Cauliflower, shredded
- 1/2 cup Red Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup Zucchini, shredded
- 2 TBS Olive Oil
- Seasonings of your choice
- Shred one head of cauliflower and set in a bowl to the side.
- Shred 1/4 to 1/2 cup zucchini and put in the bowl with the shredded cauliflower.
- Chop 1/2 cup of red pepper and 1/2 cup of yellow onion.
- Place olive oil in a frying pan (I use one that has sides) and saute the red pepper and onion for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, zucchini and your choice of seasonings to the pain and thoroughly mix until the cauliflower browns lightly.
Normally I make this dish very spicy, but today I wanted it to slightly resemble stuffing so I used Mrs. Dash chicken seasoning, thyme, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes (I told you, I like this dish spicy). It turned out absolutely delicious. So much so, I am thinking about taking it with me to Thanksgiving tomorrow to have in place of stuffing so I can stick to my diet!! Or at least stick to it enough that I don’t feel too guilty when I eat a sugar cookie!