Spaghetti squash has become one of my favorite vegetables. When I first made it, I was told that I really had to season it well because it is really bland. I don’t find that to be the case. In fact, just a little salt and pepper is all it really needs. The first time I made this type of squash, I told you about an easy way I made it by using my microwave. While that was incredibly easy, I found a new way to make it that makes the strands long like spaghetti! Simply cut the spaghetti squash into rings and bake in the oven! Voila! Longer strands!
Pasta salad is one of my favorite things to eat, but since I am not eating noodles, I decided to try and use spaghetti squash instead.
Spaghetti Squash Salad
- 1 Spaghetti squash
- Vegetables of your choice
- Zesty Italian dressing, to taste
**This post may contain Amazon Affiliate Links**
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Place a piece of aluminum foil on a baking sheet.
- Cut the ends off your spaghetti squash and cut the remaining squash into rings. Place on the baking sheet.
- Spray your spaghetti squash rings with olive oil. I like to use my Misto. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the spaghetti squash.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow the squash to cool a bit and then use a fork to pull the little strands from the rings.
- Place the spaghetti squash strands in a bowl with your desired veggies. I chose tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers.
- Add your Zesty Italian dressing. Mine was very small. It made enough for one person. I added about 1 tablespoon of Zesty Italian dressing.
- Place in the fridge and allow to chill for about an hour.
This was absolutely delicious! Definitely hit the spot and was very filling! It’s gotten to the point that I would rather have this instead of actual pasta!