Spaghetti squash has become one of my favorite vegetables. When I first made it, I was told that I really had to season it well because it is really bland. However, I don’t find that to be the case. Honestly, just a little salt and pepper is all it really needs. The first time I made this type of squash, I told you about an easy way I made it by using my microwave. While that was incredibly easy, I found a new way to make it that makes the strands long like spaghetti! Simply cut the spaghetti squash into rings and bake in the oven! As a result, longer strands!
Pasta salad is one of my favorite things to eat, but since I am not eating noodles, I decided to try and use spaghetti squash instead.
Spaghetti Squash Salad
- 1 Spaghetti squash
- Vegetables of your choice
- Zesty Italian dressing, to taste
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases*
- First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Place a piece of aluminum foil on a baking sheet.
- Secondly, cut the ends off your squash and cut the remaining squash into rings. Place on the baking sheet.
- Third, spray your spaghetti squash rings with olive oil. I like to use my Misto. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the spaghetti squash.
- Fourth, bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow the squash to cool a bit and then use a fork to pull the little strands from the rings.
- Place the squash strands in a bowl with your desired veggies. I chose tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers.
- Add your Zesty Italian dressing. Mine was very small. It made enough for one person. I added about 1 tablespoon of Zesty Italian dressing.
- Place in the fridge and allow to chill for about an hour.
This was absolutely delicious! Therefore, it definitely hit the spot and was very filling! Consequently, I would rather have this instead of actual pasta!