Eating healthier is always a goal in this family. In fact, over the last couple months, we have really done a good job cutting out a lot of sweets and adding in more vegetables. Even the kids! They have discovered that they love broccoli (so long as their is Ranch to dip it in) and they also like the “white broccoli” a.k.a. cauliflower. We also eat a lot of chicken.
Lemon Chicken Skillet Dinner
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup Red, Yellow and Orange Peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup Onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup Broccoli, cut into small pieces
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- Juice from 1 Lime
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Prep the cast iron skillet by adding the olive oil to it.
- Cook the chicken in the skillet on medium heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken.
- Cook the chicken while adding the juice from both the lemon and lime.
- Add the chopped onions and continue cooking the chicken and onions until the onions are almost soft (about 10 minutes).
- Cook chicken until it is brown on both sides.
- Add tomatoes, peppers and broccoli to the skillet and continue cooking until the veggies are tender (about 10 minutes).
Doesn’t it look delicious?!? You really can customize this to your own tastes. Don’t like broccoli…not a problem. Take out the broccoli and put in cauliflower or even zucchini would be good! I showed this chicken skillet dinner to my kids and they both admitted that it looked really good! I may get them to try peppers and possibly even eat an onion that’s not the Bloomin’ Onion from Outback! Enjoy!