Summer vacation is finely upon us! No more alarms, no more bagged lunches to make, the kids sports slow way down…we have total freedom until September! To say I’m happy would be a total understatement! Without all the rushing around everywhere, I seem to do my best cooking during the summertime. I actually make real meals and not quick things that can be heated up on the go or eaten quickly before bed! One thing I like to make are cast iron skillet meals. They are easy and really really good! Not to mention…clean up is really easy when you’re only using one pan!
*This post may contain affiliate links*
Harvest Chicken – Cast Iron Skillet Meals
- 4 Chicken Thighs
- 1 1/2 cups Tomatoes
- 1 large Zucchini
- 1 large Yellow Squash
- 2 TBSP. Lemon Pepper Seasoning (I like this one)
- 1 TBSP. Garlic Salt
- 1 TBSP. Ranch Dressing Seasoning
- 3 TBSP. Olive Oil
- Curled Parsley
- In a large bowl, add your chicken thighs and evenly coat with lemon pepper, garlic salt and place in your refrigerator for one hour to marinate.
- In your cast iron skilled, add 3 TBSP. of olive oil and place on your stove top at medium to high heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add your chicken thighs. Cook on high for 6 minutes on each side.
- Reduce your heat to medium and cook on both sides for an additional 5 minutes to insure it is completely cooked.
- Pull the chicken thighs out of the pan and place on a plate. Set aside.
- Slice your yellow squash and zucchini into round circles about 1/4 inch in thickness.
- Add your zucchini and yellow squash to the pan, sprinkle with ranch dressing seasoning and saute for 8 minutes on medium, tossing often.
- Now add your tomatoes to the vegetables and continue to saute for another 5 minutes.
- Turn your stove top heat off and place the chicken back in the skillet.
- Garnish with the curled parsley.
Doesn’t this look delicious?!? Not only is it super easy to make, but it’s a dish your entire family will like! If you don’t have any cast iron skillets, I like this one. For other really good cast iron skillet recipes, try this Lemon Chicken Skillet Dinner!