We are officially in fall! While I am beyond excited, I am wondering if Mother Nature has gotten the memo yet! Just yesterday it was 90° outside…in Michigan! I really wish it would start to cool down. However, while I wait for the weather to get with the program, I will start making all my favorite fall foods like this broccoli cheddar soup recipe! Fall just screams delicious soups, chili’s and stews! Besides soups, anything and everything apple flavored is a must have! Just like this yummy oatmeal apple spice cookie recipe!
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases*
Oatmeal Apple Spice Cookies
- 1 1/2 C Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2/3 C Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/4 C White Sugar
- 1/4 C Unsalted Butter, room temp
- 3/4 C Apple Butter
- 1 egg, room temp
- 2 TBSP Whole Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 3 C Quaker Oats, uncooked
- Preheat your oven to 350° and line your cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and cinnamon in a mixing bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Beat both sugars with the butter until blended.
- Once the sugar and butter are creamed, add the apple butter, egg, whole milk and vanilla, beating until combined.
- Next, slowly add the dry mix a tablespoon at a time and continue to mix until well blended.
- Lastly, add the oats a little at a time until all ingredients are well blended.
- Using a small cookie scoop like the OXO Good Grips Cookie Scoop (my favorite!), drop your cookie dough on the lined cookie sheets. Press with a fork to flatten.
- Bake at 350° for 12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies turns slightly brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet briefly and then transfer to a wirerakc until completely cooled.
Don’t they sound good?!? They are perfect for the fall or anytime of the year! If you really want to wow your family and friends, make these oatmeal apple spice cookies and these pumpkin spice peanut butter cookies! They will be the hit of any get together!!