This post is written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. #LoveThisHoliday #CollectiveBias
Celebrating the holidays with your friends is really fun and it doesn’t have to take away the time you spend with your family. Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday. While I get together with family on the actual holiday, hosting a Friendsiving the weekend before is a super fun tradition. Host your Friendsgiving this year and wow your friends by spicing up your old recipes with Tyson® Brand products from Walmart. Just like this twist on an old Pigs in a Blanket recipe…instead make Bacon Wrapped Smokies!
Using delicious Tyson® Brand products from Walmart, I was able to recreate the tried and true Pigs in a Blanket recipe with this lower carb bacon wrapped smokies appetizer. I bought Wright Brand® Bacon (hickory smoked) and Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® Smoked Sausages. I opted to purchase the beef smokies, but next time I may purchase the Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® Smoked Sausages that are cheddar filled.
Bacon Wrapped Smokies
- One package Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® Smoked Sausages
- 11 slice of Wright Brand® Bacon (Hickory Smoked)
- 1/4 cup Hot Sauce
- 3 TBSP Butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet that has sides with foil. Soak your toothpicks in water.
(do not skip this step. I do not wan you to potentially have a fire inside your oven. Soak the toothpicks for about 10 minutes)
- Open your Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® Smoked Sausages and place them in a bowl. Trust me, you want to do this step too. It makes grabbing those slippery little things much easier!
- Place a slice of your Wright Brand® bacon on a cutting board and cut it into thirds.
- Next, take one of your Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® Smoked Sausages and wrap the piece of Wright Brand® Bacon (Hickory Smoked) around it. Secure the Wright Brand® Bacon with a toothpick. Make sure your toothpick goes through both ends of the bacon.
- Repeat the last step until all of the Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® Smoked Sausages are wrapped in Wright Brand® Bacon. Place on your baking sheet.
- Place your butter and hot sauce in a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave until the butter is completely melted.
- Using a pastry brush, brush your hot sauce and butter mixture onto each of the bacon wrapped smokies. Flip them over and repeat until they are thoroughly coated.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Once your timer goes off, remove the bacon wrapped smokies from the oven. At this point you can either add more of the hot sauce and butter mixture or you can just flip them over.
- Put them in the oven for an additional 12 minutes. With just a little over 4 minutes remaining, turn your broiler on high to crisp the bacon.
- Place your Wright Brand® Bacon wrapped Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® Smoked Sausages on a serving dish and serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce. I opted for Ranch!
Not only are these bacon wrapped smokies super easy to make, but they are quick too! This allows you to spend more time chatting and playing games (we like to play board games in this house!) at your Friendsgiving! Why slave over a hot stove when you don’t have to! You know what, we all like to impress our friends with tasty recipes. By sticking to tried and true brands like Tyson® Brand foods from Walmart, you can impress all you want and stay within your budget!
The nice thing about hosting a Friendsgiving is you can decide to make it a potluck and have each person bring something. I’ve often made an appetizer and offered to make the main course item like Tyson® Cornish Hens. However you choose to do it, everything will be fine because you are there to hang out and have fun with your friends. Another idea, and one I think I will use this year, is to just have appetizers and desserts! You better believe I will be making this appetizer. It is delicious! If you would like them to be a little spicier, simply add more of your favorite hot sauce!