It’s been awhile since I’ve used my slow cooker. I used to use it all the time. Being that we have been very busy lately, I knew that before the kids went back to school from Christmas break, I wanted to make a slow cooker pot roast for us to enjoy as a family. Family time is so important to me. My biggest dream, not even joking, is for us to sit down and have dinner as a family every night. However, with the kids sports schedule and my husbands work schedule, that just doesn’t happen.
The Best Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe
- 4 lb Roast
- 1 Ranch Packet
- 1 Beef Stew Packet (I used this gluten free one)
- 1/2 cup of Butter
- 4 large Yellow Hot Peppers
- Place your 4 lb roast in the slow cooker.
- Pour the Ranch packet and the Beef Stew packet on to the top of the roast.
- Place the yellow hot peppers on and around the roast. I cut mine in half. Since I used jarred hot peppers, I poured a little bit of the hot pepper liquid in the slow cooker.
- Put the stick of butter on top of the roast.
- Cover your slower cooker and cook on low for 7 1/2 hours.
*My recipe was adapted from this recipe.
This was THE BEST slow cooker pot roast I have ever made. Both kids devoured it and after just one bite, my husband asked me to make it again soon. In fact, he has been eating leftovers of it all week. It tasted good the first night, but tasted even better leftover!
If you are not a fan of spicy foods, do not fear this recipe! The hot peppers did not make the roast spicy at all. It simply added a very nice flavor to the entire dish! This slow cooker pot roast recipe is one that you will be making over and over. It’s that good!