This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine all. #LetsCheese #CollectiveBias
Do you make New Year’s resolutions? Normally I do not. I feel like it gets all this hype and then by the second week of January, they are quickly forgotten. However, this year I did make a goal for my life and for my family. I wanted us to make some changes in our life. Change some of the foods we are eating, exercise more, etc. It’s mid-June and I can honestly say, we’ve stuck to that goal! One of the food choices we made was to take out a lot of the processed junk we used to eat and replace it with REAL food! For instance, this recipe below for bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers using Weight Watchers Whipped Cream Cheese is amazing! But then again…anything wrapped in bacon is great!
These delicious, bacon wrapped, stuffed with real and all natural Weight Watchers Whipped Cream Cheese are so full of flavor and so easy to make! But then again, anything stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon is going to be good! I had the idea to make these because, to be honest, I love jalapeno poppers, but I can’t have the breading on them and I was trying to stay away from fried foods. I had made a bacon wrapped meatloaf a few years ago, so I thought I could come up with my own jalapeno popper and wrap it in bacon!
For the bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers, you need cream cheese, shredded cheese, spices, jalapenos and bacon. That’s it! I picked up the Weight Watchers Whipped Cream Cheese and the rest of the ingredients while I was grocery shopping at Kroger (gotta love the fuel points…2x the points if you shop on Friday, Saturday or Sunday…FYI)!
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
- 8 Jalapeno Peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 6 oz. Weight Watchers Whipped Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Shredded 4 State Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp Six Pepper Blend
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 8 Strips of Bacon, uncooked
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Place a piece of foil on your baking sheet with sides. Cut each of your jalapenos in half, lengthwise and remove the seeds. Note…if you want a little more kick to your jalapeno poppers, leave some of the seeds.
- Mix your cream cheese, shredded cheese and spices in a mixing bowl
- Place your jalapenos on to the baking sheet and fill one side with a bit of the cream cheese mixture. You want to mound it over a bit so it will fill in the other jalapeno when you fit the two halves together. Do this with all eight jalapenos.
- Next you need to wrap each jalapeno using one strip of bacon per jalapeno. You could secure the bacon on with a toothpick, if you wanted, but I didn’t find it necessary. The tighter you wrap the bacon, the better.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. After they are done baking, turn your broiler on high and broil for 3-4 minutes to crisp up the bacon!
Do not over stuff the jalapenos with the cream cheese mixture. As you can see above, the jalapenos my husband “helped” with, exploded. Also, if you make too many (like we did), simply store them in the fridge and reheat later! My husband went out of town for work and took a few with him. He said they tasted great!