One of the things I knew that I wanted to do when I had kids was make sure we were home on Christmas morning. Last year I decided that I was going to make an egg casserole breakfast bake. The nice thing about this particular recipe, not only does it make 2 casseroles, but it freezes well!
Ultimate Breakfast Bake
- 4 1/2 cups seasoned croutons
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 8 eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 8 bacon strips, crumbled
- Place croutons, cheese, onion and peppers into two greased 8 inch square baking dishes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour liquid mixture into the two baking dishes.
- Place one casserole, uncovered in a preheated oven at 350 for 45-50 minutes (or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean).
- Place the second casserole into the freezer and freeze for up to 3 months.