My kids love muffins. They could eat their weight in muffins. Their favorite are my banana muffins, until they tried today’s yummy creation! Strawberries were super cheap at the grocery store so I bought a lot…too much, actually. So I started thinking of different things I could use the strawberries for. I had a package of chocolate chip muffins in the pantry that I had bought by mistake so I decided to make a “healthy” chocolate chip muffin by adding strawberries.
Hey, strawberries are a fruit; fruit is healthy; therefore, strawberry chocolate chip muffins are healthy!
Besides adding strawberries to the muffins, I wanted to also make this store bought muffin mix taste more “homemade”. I had read awhile back that if you cut the liquid in half and add sour cream for the other half, the muffins would be to die for. So I decided to give it a whirl. And boy were they good!
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Store bought chocolate chip muffin mix (I bought the Martha White brand)
- 1/2 cup strawberries, cut in small pieces
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Dash of vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and prepare your muffin tin with liners.
- Put all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix with a large spoon. If the batter seems too dry, add a tiny bit more milk.
- Fill each muffin liner about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
If you haven’t tried sour cream in your muffins, you have to! These are, by far the best muffins I have ever had! They are also very quick. I started at 4 pm, right before the kids were due home and by 4:30 pm, I was finished! For once I was “that” mom who had something warm and delicious waiting for the kids when they walked in the door!