There is nothing that makes me laugh harder than those dog shaming pictures or funny dog videos. I don’t know what it is about dogs or any animal, for that matter, but it makes me laugh so hard. It could be that I grew up with dogs always and I can relate! The dogs we had were:
- Booby…now technically I was not quite born yet when my parents had this dog. He got his name because he had this dumb look about him and my mom said “what a boob”…well it stuck and his name became “Booby”. Funny story…Booby got out once and my dad had to run through the streets yelling “Booby. Come here Booby”. Talk about embarrassing for him!!
- Snickers…super cute Cocker Spaniel. She was a good dog, but had an underwear fetish. She would steal underwear from the hamper and chew holes in the crotch. We should have taken out stock in Hanes. Unfortunately she got hip dysplasia and eventually had to be put down due to her health issues.
- Toby…this dog was crazy. He was a Springer Spaniel that was super protective of every single member of our household. Too protective. He also, for some odd reason, would run upstairs, jump on my bed and pee on me every single night for a week. No one knows why…all we know is that it was GROSS and I took a lot of showers that week!
- Barkley…he was one of my favorites. My parents got him when I was a senior junior in high school. He was a Boxer. Such a sweet dog that definitely lived up to his name!
- Zoe…my parents got her about a year after Barkley. She was also a Boxer with a horrible under bite that was hilarious. The funny thing about her was when I took her for a walk. If I went too far, she would lay down and then refuse to walk any further. Sometimes we would be a few houses down from our house!
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases*
I am a huge fan of the Chicken Soup for the Soul books. I have been reading the Chicken Soup for the Soul books since I was in middle school. The newest book,Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Dog Did What? is just as good as the last one I read through (Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Cat Did What?)
In this book, you’ll find the following categories:
- Who Me?
- Learning to Love the Dog
- Who Rescued Who?
- That Little Rascal
- Four-Legged Therapists
- What I Learned from the Dog
- Who’s in Charge Here?
- Meant to Be
- There’s No Place Like Home
- Bad Dog!
As you can imagine, my favorite section in this book was Bad Dog! My favorite story was about an Irish Setter that would walk into a store and steal a loaf of bread…multiple times! This book is filled with so many heartwarming stories that I am sure you can relate to!