My daughter, Bella isn’t the only one that likes to read in our house! Her brother, Zack is 10 years old and he is forever with a book in his hands! He even reads with a girl on the bus. Can we all say “awww”?!? Putting together a list of book suggestions that little girls Bella’s age likes to read was pretty easy. It wasn’t until recently, that I was finally able to start recommending books for boys Zack’s age. Because, lets face it, most books for kids are geared towards girls.
To see Zack reading makes me so happy. Reading was very hard for him in the past. It took quite awhile for it to just click for him. So to see him with a book constantly in his hands or to here him ask him he could take a book in the car instead of asking to bring his iPad, it just makes me very happy and proud.
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases*
Zack really started to love reading when he discovered the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. These books are funny and I think Zack really was able to connect with the main character. When the movies came out, you would have thought he was handed a million dollars! He thought it was so neat to see the characters he’s reading about on the big screen! If you are going to pick up these books, I highly recommend picking up the entire set. Trust me!
Other books he likes right now
- Big Nate series by Lincoln Peirce – I think he likes these books because they are comics and he enjoys the pictures!
- The Maximum Ride series by James Patterson. His teacher started reading this to the kids and since then, Zack has gotten the other books to read. He is OBSESSED!
- I Funny by James Patterson. I believe there are more books in this series. Zack is just starting to read this and he is really liking it a lot!
- The I Survived books are a GREAT series of books. I was shocked when he brought one of these books home from the library. It was about the sinking of the Titanic.
The book suggestions above are all rather new to me books. I really recommend all of them. I can’t tell you enough about how excited he is to read these books! Below are some other books to check out for our tween boys!
- The Harry Potter series
- Holes by Louis Sachar
- Sideways Stories from Wayside School by Louis Sachar
- Captain Underpants by Dave Pilkey
Anytime you see your child go from something they struggled with to it becoming something they love, is a great moment! I hope this list of book suggestions gives you some ideas on what books to pick up for your tween boys!