I love spaghetti squash. Absolutely love it! So much so, I don’t mind eating that in place of pasta noodles and I also love noodles! I’ve used spaghetti squash in place of rice for stir-fry (so good!) and I made a spaghetti squash salad that was also really good! Today, as I was looking through the fridge, trying to figure out what I was going to make for dinner, I decided to use leftovers to make the best spaghetti squash recipe ever! Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Spaghetti Squash.
Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- Spaghetti Squash
- Marinara Sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- 1 Breaded Chicken Breast, cooked
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Garlic Powder, to taste
- 1/2 tsp Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 375°. Prepare a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut your spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise. Take the 1/2 tsp of olive oil and put 1/4 tsp on each half of the spaghetti squash. Make sure the inside is completely coated. I like the Evo Sprayer!
- Using your salt, pepper and garlic powder (or other seasonings you prefer), sprinkle all over each half of the spaghetti squash. You don’t need a lot, but you want to make sure it is evenly covered. I used a lot of garlic because I really like garlic!
- Place the spaghetti squash face down on the baking sheet and bake for 50 minutes. Try not to drool…your house will smell so good for those 50 minutes! Don’t turn off the oven!
- Using a fork, gently pull the strands of squash away from the sides of the squash.
- Cut up your cooked chicken breast and place the chicken breast on top of the spaghetti squash.
- Either make your own marinara sauce or use your favorite jarred sauce. I used a jar sauce that we really like and used a large soup spoon to spoon the sauce over top of the chicken and spaghetti squash. I put about 2-3 spoonful’s on each half.
- Sprinkle your desired amount of Mozzarella cheese on each half and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly!
This Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Spaghetti Squash was not only VERY delicious, but it was also extremely filling! Zack even tried it. I got an “eh” response, which means he likes it, but doesn’t want to admit he likes it, for fear I may make him eat this instead of the noodles he loves! When I make this again, and I will, I will probably play around with the seasonings a bit. I think this would be really good as a spicy dish. What do you think?
Tips on How to Cook Spaghetti Squash
There are many different ways you can prepare this type of squash. You can bake spaghetti squash in the oven like I did in this particular recipe. However, some like to microwave it. Simply poke holes in the squash, put in a microwave safe dish covered with plastic wrap. You can use any method and still make this delicious recipe!