Labor Day is right around the corner…can you believe it? Not only does Labor Day symbolize the end of summer, but it also means back to school time too. I don’t know what you like to do for Labor Day weekend, but we love to BBQ. This year we will be making a delicious burger with Carrington Farms flax seeds.
**I was provided with product for the purpose of this review. All opinions are solely my own. This post may contain Amazon Affiliate links**
About Carrington Farms Organic Milled Flax Seeds
Carrington Farms unique proprietary Milling and Micro-Cleanse process assures only the finest Flax Seeds are thoroughly cleansed by natural means, and then surgically sliced, as opposed to pulverized, resulting in a delicious coarse flax seed grind that retains the maximum amount of healthy nutrients. Flax seeds contain essential fatty acids, Omega 3s, fiber, and lignans which all provide the building blocks to improved cellular health and one’s overall well-being. Packaged in a 14 oz resealable stand up pouch, Carrington Farms’ Organic Milled Flax Seeds presents a palatable subtle nutty flavor.
Carrington Farms Flax Burger
- 1 lb thawed ground beef, lean ground turkey or bison, veal or your favorite meat
- 2 TBS onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 TBS Carrington Farms Milled Flax Seed
- 2 TBS water
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 TBS mustard
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4-6 hamburger buns
- Mix together the meat, onion, garlic, flax seed and bread crumbs.
- Lightly beat water and egg together and add to the mixture. Add mustard, salt and pepper.
- Cook on a grill or stove top until no pink remains (~12 mins)
- Top with your favorite cheese, optional.
*Makes four 3/4 inch thick patties or six 1/2 inch thick patties.
I am always looking for ways to add in more healthy things into our food. I like that I can add the flax seed to burgers, baked goods, smoothies, etc! The kids will never know!