Nothing screams summer like a delicious Pina Colada drink. Whether you like the adult version or the kid friendly version 7-Eleven offers, you know it’s summer when you are enjoying one of those, while smelling sunscreen and cocoa butter lotion! This weekend, if you are looking for a recipe for your BBQ that is sure to knock the socks off everyone there, then you need to make these Pina Colada Flavored Whoopie Pies recipe! I’m telling you, everyone will be asking you for the recipe!!
Pina Colada Flavored Whoopie Pies
- Duncan Hines Pineapple Cake Mix
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 bag of Ghirardelli White Chocolate Melting Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix until all is combined.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on to a cookie sheet.
- Scoop batter with an ice cream scoop onto a cookie sheet, 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let them cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes.
- Using a metal spatula, transfer the pies on to a plate to cool more while you prep the frosting.
- While frosting is being made, in a double broiler, melt some of the white chocolate melting chips and set aside.
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter
- 1 TBSP Coconut Extract (I like this one)
- 2 cup Powder Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3-5 TBSP Heavy Whipping Cream
- Combine all ingredients, except heavy whipping cream, in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- If the frosting looks like powdery pebbles, slowly add in the heavy whipping cream.
- Once stiff peaks are formed, scoop frosting into a piping bag with a round tip.
- Pipe icing onto one side of the whoopie pie and place the other side on top.
- Using the melted white chocolate, drizzle onto the whoopie pies.
Is your mouth watering yet? These Pina Colada Flavored Whoopie Pies can, and will be, enjoyed by everyone! Be the star of your next get together and take a plate of these Pina Colada Flavored Whoopie Pies with you!