Have you ever been sitting there eating pretzel sticks when all of a sudden you have this sudden urge to eat something sweet? Like if you don’t eat it right then and there, there will be problems? It can’t just be me! One of my favorite combinations is sweet and salty together. I was at Costco once and they were sampling a delicious chocolate with sea salt sprinkled on top. They were to die for! So good! If you’re like me, then you will love this recipe for sweet and salty cookies! It’s the perfect amount of sweet with the perfect amount of salty all wrapped up in a cookie!
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases*
Sweet and Salty Cookies Recipe
- French Vanilla Cake Mix (or this gluten free cake mix)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 C Oil
- 1 C Reese Baking Chips
- 1 C Pretzel Sticks, chopped (or these gluten free pretzel sticks)
- 1 C M&M’s
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cake mix, oil and eggs in a mixing bowl and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Add in the Reese baking chips, M&M’s and the pretzels. Mix until well combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop some dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Once baked, pull the sheet out of the oven and let sit for 1-2 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to fully cool.
Makes 3 dozen sweet and salty cookies
Is your mouth watering yet? My gosh these sound amazing, don’t they? The nice thing about these cookies is that you can change them up for your individual taste. Take out the Reese baking chips and add dried cranberries instead. Maybe even swap out the regular M&M’s and use one of the white chocolate M&M’s (I forget the exact name for those, but I’ve seen them at Target before). The possibilities are endless!
What are your favorite kind of cookies?