One thing my kids love for me to make is banana bread. If they wake up or come home from school and smell that tell tale banana bread smell, they get very excited and I literally can’t keep them from trying to eat the banana bread or muffins while they are too hot! This gluten free banana cranberry muffin recipe is one they really like. If you don’t eat gluten free, simply sub your regular flour for the gluten free flour! So when I found this recipe for peanut butter banana bread, I knew I had to make it for the kids and share it with all of you!
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases*
Peanut Butter Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 3/4 C Peanut Butter (save 1 cup for peanut butter sauce)
- 1/4 C Butter
- 2 C Granulated Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 3 C Flour (or this gluten free flour)
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 C Salt
- 3 Ripe Bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 12 Reese Miniatures, cut into fourths
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease one loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the sugar and eggs on medium speed until fully combined.
- Add the peanut butter and mix thoroughly.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture, slowly, to the wet batter and mix until combined.
- Add in the mashed bananas and chopped Reese Miniatures and mix.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the peanut butter banana bread to cool completely.
- While the bread is cooling, take the 1 cup of peanut butter you saved and place it in a microwave safe dish and melt in 30 second increments until it is fully melted. Pour over the loaf of peanut butter banana bread.
Doesn’t this look (and sound) so delicious?!? What is better than bananas and peanut butter? NOTHING! You should totally wow your family this weekend and make this for them. You won’t regret it! They (and you) will love this peanut butter banana bread recipe!
Other banana bread recipes you may like are: