I’ve never…or at least I thought I never…liked red and green peppers until I had stuffed bell peppers. Super delicious and bell peppers are so good for you. Below is a recipe that was given to me that I changed around to suit my needs better. The original recipe calls for ground beef…I use ground turkey.
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases*
Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 6 large red and green bell peppers, rinsed (be picky…pick the best ones that stand up nicely)
- 1lb extra lean ground turkey (season with salt and pepper)
- 1 to 2 cloves of garlic, minced (I just use dried minced garlic)
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1/2 cup diced tomato (I use fresh tomatoes…Roma tomatoes work best)
- 1tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1tsp dried basil
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
Pro Tip…get this stuffed pepper pan. It make cooking stuffed peppers WAY easier and less mess!
- Cut the tops off the peppers and remove the seeds.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Stuff each pepper with the raw mixture and place on wax paper in the freezer for 20-30 mins to “Flash” freeze.
- Once flash frozen, place the peppers in freezer bags, mark the date and freeze them.
- When you go to make the peppers, preheat the oven to 375 degrees and put enough tomato sauce on the bottom of a baking dish to cover the whole dish (unless you pick up the nifty pan I posted above…it’s way easier with that pan). Set your peppers in the baking dish, drizzle tomato sauce over each pepper and bake for about 30-35 mins (or until a meat therm. says 170 degrees).