My husband and I have been following the Keto diet since January 23, 2016. We’ve lost quite a bit of weight, feel loads better (and look better too!), and we are eating way better food.One thing my family really likes is chicken. Just the other day I decided to make Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu for dinner. I was a bit unsure how it would turn out or if my family would even eat it. I quickly found that I had nothing to worry about. My daughter, who normally turns her nose up at things before trying it, took one bite and declared it delicious!
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases*
Tip…pick up this unique silicone mat to bake your chicken on. It helps crisp that chicken right up!
I’ve never made a traditional chicken cordon bleu recipe before, but I’ve eaten plenty and this, is a very easy Keto chicken cordon bleu recipe that also tastes amazing! And lets face it, with a hungry husband and two hungry kids, I want easy recipes! Lately I have been purchasing thin sliced boneless, skinless chicken breasts. They cook so much faster and I think they taste better. For this recipe, you will want to have those thin sliced chicken breasts. Trust me!
Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
- 4 Thin Sliced Chicken Breasts
- 4 slices Ham Lunchmeat
- 4 slices Swiss Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Place your baking sheet by placing your silicone baking sheet on top. So easy!
- Place a piece of plastic wrap on a cutting board. Set your thin sliced chicken breasts on the plastic wrap and fold the plastic wrap over so it covers the chicken breasts and pound them even thinner.
- Beat your egg and pour it into a shallow bowl. Mix your Parmesan cheese and seasonings together in another shallow bowl.
- Flip your chicken breast over, add the ham and Swiss cheese and roll it up. *Tip…next time I will wrap the cheese IN the ham first and place that on the chicken. I think that will help keep the cheese in better.
- Holding the chicken breast together, dip it into the egg wash and then roll it in the Parmesan cheese mixture. Place it, seam side down, on your baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the chicken breasts.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
What Did We Think?
This recipe will not disappoint! It is the best chicken cordon bleu recipe I have ever had!! I especially liked that it tasted good without mustard. I have a huge aversion to mustard and while I’ve eaten other chicken cordon bleu recipes, I’m always convinced I can taste the mustard (even when I really can’t). One of the nice things about the Keto diet is that casseroles and Keto go nicely together. I’ve seen a Pinterest chicken cordon bleu casserole that I have been dying to make. After seeing how well my family liked this chicken dish, I’m sure I will be able to get them to eat a baked chicken cordon bleu cassrole! I’ll be sure to write up the recipe after I make it and share it with you all.
If you are interested in changing your diet, I highly recommend you pick up the book Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It. This book is a wealth of knowledge and helps to dispel a lot of myths out there surrounding diets and the way most American’s eat.
Please let me know if you try this Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe! I would love to hear what you think and also let me know if you make any changes to the recipe!