I start to get really excited this time of year. I’m not much of a pumpkin person, so I don’t get all excited when Starbucks and every other place on the planet has pumpkin everything, but I do excited for peppermint everything. Things like peppermint bark and peppermint ice cream are my two favorite things ever. If you’re going to buy any peppermint bark, I recommend this peppermint bark. It’s the best, in my opinion (and believe me, I’ve tried about every kind out there)! These Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes are to die for! You will want to make them and take them to both your Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations! People will LOVE them!
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases*
Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes
- 1 C Flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Instant Espresso Powder
- 1/2 C Hot Water
- 1/2 C Cocoa Powder
- 6 TBSP Butter, room temperature
- 3/4 C Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1/4 C Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 C Butter, softened
- 2 C Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 TBSP Heavy Cream
- 2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- Chocolate sauce to drizzle
- Crushed Candy Canes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners (like these Christmas cupcake liners).
- Whisk flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk hot water, instant espresso powder and cocoa powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Using your mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the egg, vegetable oil and vanilla until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture, alternate with the hot cocoa mix until there are no lumps.
- Using a large ice cream scoop (or these Batter Spoons that I love), scoop the batter into the lined cupcake tins until they are about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25. Remove from the oven, allowing the cupcakes to cool in the cupcake pan for 10 mins. Then cool on a wire rack.
- Beat butter and sugar until combined.
- Mix in the heavy cream and peppermint extract until well blended.
- Spoon into a pastry bag with a large tip.
- Frost the cupcakes from the outside, working the tip toward the center of the cupcake.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce and sprinkle crushed candy canes on top.
What do you think? These peppermint mocha cupcakes sound pretty darn amazing, don’t they?!? If you like the sounds of this peppermint dessert, you need to check out a few of my other favorites…they are just as good!!
Gluten Free Peppermint Cheesecake (to die for…seriously)