Eating healthier is always a goal in this family. In fact, over the last couple months, we have really done a good job cutting out a lot of sweets and adding in more vegetables. Even the kids! They have discovered that they love broccoli (so long as their is Ranch to dip it in) and they also like the “white broccoli” a.k.a. cauliflower. We also eat a lot of chicken.
Lemon Chicken Skillet Dinner
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup Red, Yellow and Orange Peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup Onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup Broccoli, cut into small pieces
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- Juice from 1 Lime
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Prep the cast iron skillet by adding the olive oil to it.
- Cook the chicken in the skillet on medium heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken.
- Cook the chicken while adding the juice from both the lemon and lime.
- Add the chopped onions and continue cooking the chicken and onions until the onions are almost soft (about 10 minutes).
- Cook chicken until it is brown on both sides.
- Add tomatoes, peppers and broccoli to the skillet and continue cooking until the veggies are tender (about 10 minutes).
Doesn’t it look delicious?!? You really can customize this to your own tastes. Don’t like broccoli…not a problem. Take out the broccoli and put in cauliflower or even zucchini would be good! I showed this chicken skillet dinner to my kids and they both admitted that it looked really good! I may get them to try peppers and possibly even eat an onion that’s not the Bloomin’ Onion from Outback! Enjoy!
What are you having for dinner tonight?
This weekend, the 2015 Michigan Renaissance Festival will be taking place in Holly, MI. I am really hoping that we can go. The weather may have other plans for us. But...it's Michigan and our weather changes very quickly! So let's hope that happens! *I received the following product for the purpose of this post. All opinions are 100% my own. This … [Read More...]
About a year ago, my husband was speaking to customer service of a fitness band he used. He felt there was a huge design flaw that was causing the brand a lot of claims when the product broke. He gave them details on exactly how he thought the particular fitness band could be changed that would alleviate a lot of the issues they were having. Would … [Read More...]
This is a post sponsored by J M Smucker Company for Smucker’s. All opinions and Staycation ideas are always 100% my own. This summer we did not take a traditional vacation. You know, the kind where you plan it all out, stay in a hotel, etc. Instead, we had a staycation with the kids! I was actually pretty excited about this. We were able to do fun … [Read More...]
Labor Day is right around the corner...can you believe it? Not only does Labor Day symbolize the end of summer, but it also means back to school time too. I don't know what you like to do for Labor Day weekend, but we love to BBQ. This year we will be making a delicious burger with Carrington Farms flax seeds. **I was provided with product for the … [Read More...]
Have you ever seen those signs that people can put on their door to deter solicitors that end with "...unless you're a Girl Scout with Thin Mints"? Those signs always crack me up. I'll admit, I get annoyed with all the solicitors coming to my door. So much so, I reviewed a camera for my door so I didn't have to open the door to every single person … [Read More...]