My kids only have 14 or 15 school days left and they are out for the summer. When I’m not rocking in the corner with my fingers in my ears, trying not to think about it (I joke…sort of!), I think about different things we can do this summer. We’re pretty limited because Zachary was invited to the Summer Academy (summer school) for extra math and language arts help. He will be back in school June 24th through July 25th. Once that is over, football season starts and then we are pretty much stuck here.
Despite what our summer is looking like, I am putting together a bucket list of things I want to do myself, with my husband and with my kids.
My Summer Bucket List
- Go to the gym as much as possible. This one is obviously for myself. Right now I have it planned that I will drop Zachary off at summer school, drop Bella off at the park program, go to the gym and then back to pick each of the kids up. The only problem will be if it rains. Then I will have to skip the gym because I can’t take Bella with me. Hopefully it rains later in the day!
- Family days at the Zoo. I looked into getting a zoo membership. We used to have one and didn’t use it very much. It was such a hot summer that walking the zoo was miserable and when we could have used it in the fall/winter time, I was working…so it never worked out.
- Actually use the Date Night Jar. I made this for my husband for Christmas. Unfortunately, we haven’t been using it…at all. That is going to change this summer.
- Take a spontaneous road trip. My goal is to visit all 50 states with the kids. I’d like to get that 1000 places to see book and see some of the places in it. Obviously, given our schedule this summer, the road trips would have to be in the weekend so that severely limits us as to where we can go. But we can leave on a Friday afternoon and come home Sunday afternoon.
- Lose 15 pounds. I’d like to lose more, but I figured once I achieve that goal, I can set another one! Ultimately I would like to lose about 80 pounds total. I know I can hit 15 pounds lost…I can’t wait until I hit 80 pounds lost!
- Watch the entire Boy Meets World series. Currently right now, I have 154 episodes on my DVR. Crazy. But it’s such a cute show. I remember loving it when it was originally on and when I ran across it, I got hooked. They’re 30 minute episodes and if you fast forward through commercials, you can get through an episode pretty quickly. Maybe I can convince Dan to watch it with me…
- Go Strawberry or Blueberry picking. I remember going strawberry picking as a kid. I want to take my kids there. I remember loving it (and eating a ton of strawberries). I’m pretty sure my kids would like it too!
- Freeze meals for Fall football. Last year was my son’s first season playing tackle football. Not only are the practices intense, but they are also most of the week. Last year Zachary was on the Junior Freshman team, so he practiced Tuesday through Thursday. This year he has to move up to Freshman and he practices Tuesday through Friday. I am not thrilled about adding that extra day, but I am going to try and make things easier on myself and put together a bunch of meals in the freezer so I can pop it in the oven and we can eat dinner when we get home.
- Make things from Pinerest. I pin all these great things, but I rarely make them. I want to start making something from Pinterest weekly (or more often, if I can) and then blog about my successes and failures!
- Relax and enjoy life. I tend to get stressed out easily and let everything bother me. I know I need to relax and calm down, but I get wound so tight that when I unravel…it’s a mess! So this summer I want to find things that will help relax me and enjoy life.
- Sleep in most Saturday’s or Sunday’s. Since I am going to be up at the butt crack of dawn pretty much every day during the summer because I need to get my son to summer school, I am calling it right now (I know you get my email updates Dan…), at least one day EVERY weekend is mine to sleep in. I don’t care if I sleep until 3pm. It’s my time.
So there you have it! That is my bucket list for this summer…what is on YOUR summer bucket list?
I have to admit, I am really bad about putting sunscreen on...until I figure out that I'm burnt. My face lotion and make-up are all SPF 15 and above, but I know that's not enough. Thankfully, with my kids, I make sure they are always covered in sunscreen. Recently I was asked to try out the Cover Up Baby Moisturizing Sunscreen Lotion 50+ SPF … [Read More...]
This post brought to you by Social Power. All opinions are 100% mine. There are lots of topics that I feel very passionately about. Sometimes I catch myself thinking or saying "if only...", but I never feel like I am able to make a difference in regards to that issue. Until I found out about Social Power. The … [Read More...]
This post brought to you by Private Selection. All opinions are 100% mine. Family sit down dinners are very important to me. That's why I get so upset when my husband is out of town for work and it's just me and the kids. I like when all four of us can eat together. I like to cook for my family. I don't … [Read More...]
There are very few shows that are geared towards little girls, that my daughter enjoys. Growing up with an older brother, she tends to gravitate to The Transformers and Star Wars. However, Doc McStuffins is one show, by Disney Junior, that Bella really enjoys! On May 7, 2013, a new DVD for Doc McStuffins hit the stores; Doc McStuffins: … [Read More...]
Do you ever feel like you're drowning? Like, no matter what you do, it's not good enough or you don't have enough time to accomplish it all? That's how I've been feeling lately. My house is a cluttered mess, yet the more I get rid of, the more cluttered it seems. I have renovation projects that have been started, yet there is never any … [Read More...]